Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea is again hosting the Reading From My Shelves Project in 2011. I joined last year and made it a goal to meet the minimum of 20 books (I cleared 24). I’m joining up again for the 2011 challenge and hope to surpass that number.
Click here to join the challenge.
- Challenge runs from January 1 – December 31, 2011.
- Read books from your own shelves, and then pass the books on to someone else: a friend, relative, the library, used book store, swap them, just as long as the book leaves your house once it has been read.
- Decide on your goal (12 is the minimum – no maximum). Cross over books are allowed.
- Grab the button and do a post about the challenge.
- Keep a running list of the books you’ve read and passed on.
1. Promise Canyon by Robyn Carr
2. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
3. Unveiled by Courtney Milan
4. Wild Man Creek by Robyn Carr
5. The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
6. The Perils of Pleasure by Julie Anne Long
7. Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas
8. The Human Bobby by Gabe Rotter
9. Harvest Moon by Robyn Carr
10. The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
11. Arranged by Catherine McKenzie
12. Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn
13. How to Bake a Perfect Life by Barbara O’Neal
14. At Witt’s End by Beth Solheim
15. The Trophy Bride’s Tale by Cyrilla Barr
16. Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich
17. The Amateur Marriage by Anne Tyler
18. Alice Bliss by Laura Harrington
19. To Be Queen by Christy English
20. The Arrivals by Meg Mitchell Moore
21 thoughts on “2011 Reading From My Shelves Project”
You know this is actually one challenge I should join as I plan on using only my own books for challenges.
Good luck Mary!
This is a no-brainer challenge, isn’t it Dar? I think all of us book bloggers have mountains of TBR books so it could be the never-ending challenge 🙂
Mary…thanks for joining; I’m confident you will be a huge success once again.
Diane, thanks for hosting! I can only aspire to the number of books you took off your shelves this year!
Yay! This is the one challenge I really need as there are still waaaaaay too many books on my groaning ,overloaded shelves. I’m off to sign up. Good luck and have fun with it ,Mary.
Thanks, Kaye! Good luck to you too 🙂
Yes…I am joining this one again and I hope to do better!! 😀
Good luck in 2011!!
Staci, glad you’re joining too – I’m accepting fewer review books next year so I can clear more of my own books. Good luck to you too!
Another great challenge — keep ’em coming!
I need to do this! Good luck, Mary!
What a wonderful challenge. I love some of the books I read and may have a hard time letting them go but how nice to pass on stories I love.
This sounds like a challenge I should join too! Good luck with it!
I have never joined a challenge – just don’t need the extra pressure! – but this one sounds valuable. I have so many stacks of books on my shelves waiting to be read.
Have to think about this one…thanks!
I think I could be joining you in this one as I’ve been meaning to re-read the books on my shelves if only to sort out which ones could go to the charity shop, freeing up some room for books I’m more likely to read.
Tracy, it’s a win-win challenge 🙂
Good luck, Mary. I am excited to know and follow you this year 🙂 xo
Hi Mary! I think I am going to have to join this challenge! I have so many, many books on my shelves and they need to get read! Thanks for letting us know about this!
Good luck to everyone and Mary I’ll be your personal cheerleader…. Wow you are the Athena for challenges 🙂
I never participate in challenges anymore but this is one I SHOULD do!
I’m not officially participating in this challenge, but I think it is an excellent one and it’s helped me shape my goals for 2011! Best of luck!
Comments are closed.