1. Book title: Marked By Passion by Kate Perry
2. Words that describe the book: Paranormal Romance
3. Settings or characters: The Pour House (bar where Gabrielle works); Gabe’s “hovel”; San Francisco area
4. Things I liked/disliked about the book: I liked the paranormal powers of the characters; I liked the customerss who frequent The Pour House; I liked Gabrielle’s main romantic interest – but I’m not sure I would have trusted him; I wish it hadn’t wrapped up as quickly as it did (seemed too tidy).
5. Stars or less: 3.5 stars – This is the first book in The Guardians of Destiny series. I received a review copy of the second book, Chosen By Desire, from the publisher several months ago and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I think the second book was a bit stronger than the first but I enjoyed Marked By Passion and now look forward to the third book, Tempted By Fate (due out this year).
Gabrielle Sansouci Chin is turned for a loop when she receives the ancient scroll that she was marked to protect. Her possession only means one thing…her father is dead.
Gabe has no idea how she is going to balance her new responsibilities as a Guardian being a painter by day and a bartender by night. Having just been contracted for her new “Enter the Light” series, Gabe tries to handle it all.
But it seems like her luck has run dry when she’s ill trained to take her proper place as guardian, having a dry spell at painting, and for some reason can’t help but fall for Rhys Llewellyn, the sexy Brit who offers his help in more ways than one.