1 Title: Real Life & Liars by Kristina Riggle
2 Words that describe the book: Family reunion
3 Settings or characters:
* Mira Zielinski – wife of Max and mother of Katya, Ivan, and Irina.
* Katya – the totally together, on top of everything wife, mother, daughter, sister. She’s about ready to crack.
* Irina – the youngest child of Mira and Max who arrives home with two big surprises
4 Things I liked/disliked about the book:
* I liked how real Kristina Riggle’s characters are -the Zielinski siblings especially.
* I enjoyed how while reading it I felt like I was watching a movie. The descriptions and dialogue were great. I really liked the anniversary party scene.
* Each chapter is about or from a different character’s perspective. The details revealed about the characters filled in a lot.
* I liked how the title worked into the plot at what seemed like the right time.
5 Stars or less for the rating: 4/5
Back of the book: For Mirabelle Zielinski’s children, happiness always seems to be just out of reach. Her polished oldest daughter, Katya, clings to a stale marriage with a workaholic husband and three spoiled children. Her son, Ivan, so creative, is a down-in-the-dumps songwriter with the worst taste in women. And the “baby”, impulsive Irina, who lives life on a whim, is now reluctantly pregnant and hitched to a man who is twice her age. On the weekend of their parents’ anniversary party, lies will be revealed, hearts will be broken . . . but love will also be found. And the biggest shock may come from Mirabelle herself, because she has a secret that will change everything.
11 thoughts on “Show Me 5 Saturday – Real Life & Liars by Kristina Riggle”
Hi Mary! WOW is there alot going on in this book, but it has sparked my interest!! Thanks for the review!
Ooh, sounds like an intriguing book – I love stories with family dynamics and secrets. Always makes for interesting reading when you get different POVs. Have a great weekend! Overcast and mega-humid in FL.
lol – I just downloaded this book the other day on my reader. It really does sound good. I’m glad you liked it.
I’m going to be seeing the author in November when she’s signing books in Saginaw, Michigan!! I’m going to buy a copy of this one!!!
Wow, this sounds like one I have to read!
I really should try this meme one day, it looks fun. And the book sounds good
Great review, I’ll have to add this to my TBR list.
Sounds good. Family reunions are really quite a lot of drama, aren’t they.
I’m really looking forward to this book – I love to read about families and their relationships.
Sounds neat to tell about a family reunion from a bunch of different character’s perspectives. I’ll keep this one in mind.
This is already on my wish list. I’m glad you liked it!
Comments are closed.