1 Title: Real Life & Liars by Kristina Riggle
2 Words that describe the book: Family reunion
3 Settings or characters:
* Mira Zielinski – wife of Max and mother of Katya, Ivan, and Irina.
* Katya – the totally together, on top of everything wife, mother, daughter, sister. She’s about ready to crack.
* Irina – the youngest child of Mira and Max who arrives home with two big surprises
4 Things I liked/disliked about the book:
* I liked how real Kristina Riggle’s characters are -the Zielinski siblings especially.
* I enjoyed how while reading it I felt like I was watching a movie. The descriptions and dialogue were great. I really liked the anniversary party scene.
* Each chapter is about or from a different character’s perspective. The details revealed about the characters filled in a lot.
* I liked how the title worked into the plot at what seemed like the right time.
5 Stars or less for the rating: 4/5
Back of the book: For Mirabelle Zielinski’s children, happiness always seems to be just out of reach. Her polished oldest daughter, Katya, clings to a stale marriage with a workaholic husband and three spoiled children. Her son, Ivan, so creative, is a down-in-the-dumps songwriter with the worst taste in women. And the “baby”, impulsive Irina, who lives life on a whim, is now reluctantly pregnant and hitched to a man who is twice her age. On the weekend of their parents’ anniversary party, lies will be revealed, hearts will be broken . . . but love will also be found. And the biggest shock may come from Mirabelle herself, because she has a secret that will change everything.