1 Title: A Summer in Sonoma by Robyn Carr
2 Words that describe the book: Friends and Lovers (I know, that’s 3 words…)
3 Settings or characters:
* Cassie is 29 and still dating losers until a chance meeting of a total opposite.
* Julie is married with three kids and is tired of trying to make ends meet while never getting ahead.
* Marty and Beth (I couldn’t leave one out!) round out the circle of four friends who’ve known each other since they were kids. Marty feel unappreciated by her husband and is ready for change. Beth, a doctor, was recently diagnosed with a second round of cancer.
4 Things I liked/disliked about the book:
* I love how Robyn Carr tells a story – great dialogue, setting, and pace.
* I liked how Julie and her husband got on track with the money issues and other personal issues. I imagine many readers could relate to their storyline.
* For the most part I liked Cassie’s story. I really liked the new man in her life. What bugged me about Cassie was also quite understandable. She has major trust issues with guys but it wore a little thin for me.
* I liked that Robyn Carr wrote a stand alone novel. I’ve read her Virgin River series (love it) but it was nice to meet new characters and setting.
5 Stars or less for the rating: 3.75/5
From Goodreads: They’ve been best friends since seventh grade. But this summer, teetering on the threshold of thirty, four women are going to need each other more than ever. Life can change in an instant…or a summer. And having old friends to lean on can only up the chances of happily ever after.