a meme by That’s A Novel Idea
now hosted by Jenners at Find Your Next Book Here
1. Book title: All That You Are by Stef Ann Holm
2. Words that describe the book: Contemporary Romance
3. Settings or characters: Alaska, Boise, The Blue Note jazz club/bar
4. Things I liked/disliked about the book: I liked the descriptions of the various locations; I liked the main characters; I wished for more character depth – there were a lot of details about construction and code violations but I wanted to know more about the characters (who spent a lot of time trying to avoid each other); I wished for more story – it seemed to wrap up too quickly.
5. Stars or less: 2.5/5 . This is the last book in a series. I enjoyed the two previous books.
Single mom Danalee Jackson owns the Blue Note—an Alaskan bar offering nightly jazz and a cocktail of regulars who have an opinion about everything. Between dealing with her son’s dad, a failing float-plane business and her bar’s code violations, Dana has no time for romance.
Mark Moretti is burned-out after finishing his father’s legacy project, the multimillion-dollar Grove Marketplace in downtown Boise. He’s ready for a break from the family construction business—maybe for good. And a summerlong fishing trip looks like just the ticket.
When a canceled flight leaves Mark stranded in Ketchikan, he finds himself at the Blue Note. One look at the exotically beautiful Dana and he decides to stay in town. But her fierce independence not only could jeopardize Mark’s help with renovations—it could also bring their mutual attraction to a screeching halt. (Goodreads synopsis)