1 Book title: Shut Up and Kiss Me by Christie Craig
2 Words that describe the book: Romance/Suspense
3 Settings or characters:
* Shala Winters, hired to make Precious, TX (pop. 893) a tourist destination
* Sky Gomez, police chief of Precious, needs to find out who’s trying to kill Shala Winters
* Jose Darkwater, foster brother to Sky. He left Precious years ago for NYC . When he returns to see his injured father nothing goes right
4 Things I liked/disliked about the book:
* I liked the quirky minor characters
* I enjoyed Christie Craig’s humor, had me laughing out loud a lot.
* I think Jose needs his own book, it would be hilarious (if this book is any indication)
* I liked the small-town aspect – where everyone knows everyone. That usually makes things interesting.
5 Stars or less: 4/5
Back of the book:
Photojournalist Shala Winters already had her hands full bringing tourism to this backward, podunk town, but her job just got tougher. Pictures can say a thousand words, and one of Shala’s is screaming bloody murder. Now she has to entrust a macho, infuriating lawman with her life – but she’ll never trust him with her heart.
Trusted or not, Sky Gomez isn’t about to let a killer get his hands on Shala’s Nikon – or any of her more comely assets, for that matter. Her mouth might move faster than a Piney Woods roadrunner, but all he can think about is how good it must taste…and how she’ll never escape true love.